Sorry for the lack of posts lately but I haven’t been in the best state mentally, therefore, I’ve been feeling really unmotivated. However, I hate feeling this way, because I love writing and blogging. So, here are the things I suggest doing and that have helped me when my head has been in the darkness.
1: Clean your space. Whether that be your room, desk, or anywhere you spend majority of your time. Clearing your space might help clearing your mind.
2: Clean yourself. I know I just want to lay in bed and not do anything, not even shower. So go take a nice hot shower or bath. Personally I love taking bubble baths using a stress relief soap and lighting some candles.
3. Pamper yourself. Use all of your expensive face washes, body washes, body creams, face masks, or lotions. Anything you’ve been saving for a special occasion. Getting out of bed is the special occasion, so treat yourself.
4. Drink water. Usually when I’m feeling blah I forget to take care of myself entirely. I won’t eat or drink at all. So starting with one bottle of water can make you feel so much better physically.
5. Make your favorite drink. After you’ve hydrated yourself now its best to drink your favorite coffee, tea, or cocoa.
6. Eat what you want. Sometimes I’ll eat whatever will make me feel best. Whether that be eating chocolate, junk food, or pizza. Or something really healthy, like peanut butter, granola, and a banana. Eat something that you know will make you feel better.
7. Talk to someone. Often times I won’t tell anyone that I’m feeling down. This is something that I’m still working on because I never want to burden someone with my problems. But our moms and best friends are here for that reason. They’ll love us unconditionally and help with the darkness. So let someone know. They can make you laugh, hug you when you cry, or just sit with you so you aren’t alone.
8. Read your favorite book. Reading a book that you’ve read a dozen times will instantly lift your spirits. It can also help to get you out of your head and into a fantasy world. I have many book rec posts on here. Check out my Winter Reads, YA book to movies, YA upcoming books.
9. Get yourself cute or bum it for the rest of the day. If doing your makeup, hair, and putting on a cute outfit makes you feel good then do it. Do it and take like 372 selfies. If staying in leggings and a huge hoodie makes you feel great then do that too! The point is to do whatever makes you feel the best.
10. Watch your favorite comedy movie. Watch something that will make you laugh. I promise this will instantly lift your mood.
11. Get off anything depressing. Sometimes I won’t do anything but lay in bed and just stay on tumblr all day, but I’ll be constantly looking at sad things. It only makes me feel worse. There is nothing good about scrolling through depressing blogs when you’re feeling down. Same goes for any social media.
12. Play your favorite throw back songs. Honestly, this is one of my favorite things to do. I love listening to my favorite songs from like 2005. It brings back so many good memories and brings a smile to my face every time.
13. Write it out. Get your journal and just write down everything your feeling. This is especially great if you’re not up for talking to someone. Write it all down until your hand cramps and you can hardly hold a pen.
14. Take a deep breath and remember that sad days only last 24 hours.
Thank you guys so much for reading! I wanted to be honest and let you know that I’m not perfect and I won’t always have good days. That’s okay for me, it’s something I have learned to accept. Overcoming a sad day is one of the best feelings ever, so I really hope this helped you guys.