I think it’s safe to say that we all enjoy finishing a whole 6 season series in a week’s time. But once you finish your favorite show, it’s tough to find another one that’s just as good. So here are a few shows that are great to binge watch!
1. Gossip Girl: Netflix synopsis- “Kristen Bell provides the voice of an anonymous blogger who narrates the action in this hit series set in an exclusive New York City boarding school.” The synopsis never really do show justice, am I right? This show is my all time favorite show. I obsessively watched the whole series back when only seasons 1-4 were all on Netflix. (All six seasons are on Netflix now.) I now own the complete six season collection and have watched it at least 6 times each. (I’m even listening to the soundtrack now, haha.) I love this show because it has drama, but not like our every day drama. That’s one of the reason I never really got into One Tree Hill, I mean I have that drama in real life. Gossip Girl is teenagers acting like adults and adults acting like teenagers. It’s scandalous and addicting. Just give this show a shot, I promise you won’t be disappointed.
2. Vampire Diaries: Netflix Synopsis- “Trapped in adolescent bodies, feuding vampire brothers Stefan and Damon vie for the affection of captivating teenager Elena.” I was skeptic starting this, I even talked trash about it. I actually love it. This show has made me laugh and cry. It does a good job making you feel connected to the characters. It’s nothing like twilight and very different from most vampire movies/series I’ve watched. (Trust me, I’ve watched way too many.) I will be honest the first four episodes are kinda dumb, I remember thinking “what the heck am I even watching??” But, I got through those and it honestly got better. You have to give a show a chance to get good and usually just watching the Pilot isn’t the best way to judge a show. Vampire Diaries is currently airing season six on T.V now and I know seasons 1-5 are on Netflix.
3. Skins UK: Netflix Synopsis- “This incisive series centers on the tense lives of a group of teenagers as the friends and wannabe lovers weather their final two years of school.” This is a British television show, meaning there’s strong language and nudity. But don’t let that stop you. Again with the drama so unlike mine. It is super entertaining and just interesting in general. Every two seasons a new friend group is the focus, obviously because the previously has just graduated. But it keeps it new and prevents it from getting old. Although moving on from your beloved cast can be challenge, it’s worth it. Their lives are insane and rope you in immediately. Also, who doesn’t love a charming hot guy with a British accent?
4. Orange Is The New Black: Netflix Synopsis- “A dozen Emmy Award nominations went to this acclaimed comedy drama series including Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Writing and Outstanding Lead Actress for star Taylor Schilling. A crime she committed in her youthful past sends Piper Chapman (Schilling) to a women’s prison, where she trades her comfortable New York life for one of unexpected camaraderie and conflict in an eccentric group of fellow inmates.” Every good thing you’ve heard about this show is true. This is a Netflix original, so there’s going to be quite a bit of cursing and nudity. Honestly, once you get past that and focus on the show, you’ll be entranced. It not only informs you about racial slurs and trans-gender representation, but how life works in an actual prison. I know we’ve all probably seen movies about characters going to prison and it looking totally fake. This is so real, it shows the corruption of the facility and how it runs. Not only that but the characters in the show are amazing. This show also has a lot of back stories, which are some of my favorite things to see. So you get to find out why most of the characters are in there, and I love that. It can go from having hilarious humor to very serious issues. It’s so so good, trust me, you just need to watch it.
5. The Walking Dead: Netflix Synopsis- “In the wake of a zombie apocalypse, survivors hold on to the hope of humanity by banding together to wage a fight for their own survival.” I really, really love apocalyptic movies, shows, books anything. I love the “what if?” question it answers. The Walking Dead was something I came by I think in 2011, when there was only seasons one and two on Netflix. I’ve been watching it on TV ever since. Luckily for you guys season 1-4 are currently on Netflix. But, this show is one of the best zombie apocalypse interpretations I’ve ever seen. (I’ve seen way too many of these too, from classic to horrible B movies.) It immediately starts out fast paced and suspenseful. The director does a great job of not making the whole premise cheesy or tacky. You should really try this one if you’re not big into the girl drama of the previous shows I mentioned.
6. American Horror Story: Netflix Synopsis- “Exploring humankind’s unsettling capacity for evil, this darkly twisted drama plays upon the power of supernatural fears and everyday horrors.” Okay now, this show is very dark and very scary. It takes a certain kind of person to actually get through a whole season. But, if you think you can brave it, do it. There are three seasons on Netflix and the fourth is currently on TV Each season has the same actors but different story. I love that concept because you can start any season you want without being confused. Also, you still get to watch your favorite actors. Every season is great and super fast paced. You definitely have to really pay attention during each episode because so much happens in each one. The concepts in each season are cool (if you could consider that), but dark and I worry for the director’s sanity. Nevertheless, we all still watch it and it’s very enjoyable.
7. Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23: Netflix Synopsis- “After moving to New York, June is swindled by her roommate, Chloe. Much to Chloe’s surprise, June turns the tables, and a beautiful friendship begins.” The title of this show is just stupid, and I think that’s why it didn’t get renewed for another season. But this is such a good show. It’s really witty and quirky and funny. The episodes are only like twenty minutes long, so you could finish this pretty quickly. It’s just an entertaining fun show to watch.
8. How I Met Your Mother: Netflix Synopsis- “Ted’s epic search for his soul mate is told largely through flashbacks, as an adult Ted recounts to his kids how he met their mother.” This show has been around since 2005 and I’m quite partial to it because A) I’ve met Josh Radnor and B) my mom used to do Josh Radnor’s hair. So, yeah I love this show and it’s just your all around good humored sitcom. It’s funny and entertaining and also takes place in New York City. I just have a deep appreciation and love for this show. There are all nine season on Netflix and seriously go watch them.
Okay that’s all I have. I can’t have you thinking I’m a crazy person that only binge watches shows! Hope you enjoyed!