So February is here… I hope I’m not alone when I say that January flew by. January was blistering cold and if you live in Ohio, then you know winter will be here for probably another three months. That’s okay, I love it anyways. But, here are my favorite beauty, fashion, music, books and miscellaneous things that got me through January.
- Hoola Bronzer: This bronzer will always be apart of my everyday routine. But, this past month I’ve been really embracing my paleness. Instead of using this product to warm up my skin, I’ve been lightly contouring. Like, super light. I just want the slightest definition to my face, nothing to add color, just dimension. I really love the way its been looking. I also really love using it as an eye shadow in my crease, for when I can’t be bothered with a full on eye look.
- Brows: I didn’t change my products from my previous Brow Routine post, but I’ve been changing the shape. And oh my goodness, I am in love with the “straight brow”. I thought I had my favorite brow shape before, but oh no. The straight brow is really popular right now, and it’s because it can sometimes look more natural. (For me at least.) It’s more of my natural shape, so I don’t have to go in and add an arch like I used to. Ugh I’m just obsessed with how they’ve been looking lately!
- Lime Crime’s Salem: This lip color is everything. I got this in the middle of the month and I can not stop wearing it. Honestly, it’s seriously all I’ve been wearing. It’s super versatile and long wearing and amazing and the best lip ever. My favorite combo for this look is, flawless skin, bold brows, no eye shadow (except hoola in the crease), massacre and of course Salem.
- NYX Ultra Pearl Mania: So, technically this is a pigment, that’s meant for eye shadow. But, I’ve really been loving this as my highlighter. The shade I have has the perfect pink undertone, so it really complements my skin tone. I love using this with a big fluffy crease brush so I’m able to get the perfect application. I apply it on the tops of my cheek bones, cupids bow and a tiny bit on the chin. A little bit goes a long way with this one!
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: I’m not going to go much into detail with this one because I already did a full review (click here for the review). But, I have changed the way I set this under my eyes. I blend it out with my damp sponge, and then use that same sponge to set it with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil powder. Love this combo, and using the sponge really prevents creasing.
- Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso: This is an oldie but a goody. I’ve had this for awhile and every time I stop using it, and then pick it back up, I forget how much I love it. It’s perfect for giving me a dewy look.
- Moroccanoil Treatment: I usually use the light treatment, which I mentioned in my Tips for Growing Hair post. But, I ran out and I still love the original just as much. This is an essential for me, and since seriously replenishes my dry hair. Highly recommend it!
Click here to find every fashion fav!
- Faux fur coat: This coat is amazing and if I could wear it everyday I would.
- Doc Martens: These have gotten me through the month and I know I’ll be wearing them all season long. They’re perfect for the cold and the snow!
- Turtle necks: My go to for the cute but practical look!
- Knee high socks: Love love love knee highs. They’re super cute to layer with tights!
- A Car, A Torch, A Death by twenty one pilots
- Overjoyed by Bastille
- Medicine by 1975
- Check out my Spotify playlists, to listen to all these songs
- Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness. One of my new favorite trilogies. Super fast paced and the world building was really well done.
- Now That You’re Here by Amy K. Nichols. I hadn’t heard much about this book, but oh man is it underrated. I seriously loved this. So well written. If you love parallel universes, then you should really check this out.
- The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. Read this because of the trailer, which really doesn’t happen too often for me. Although the book is really really really different from the movie, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I will definitely be going to see this movie. Check out the trailer here!
- Dance Moms: A moment of silence for the social life I’ve lost the past month due to binge watching dance moms. I don’t know why all of sudden Julia and I started this, but once we did we couldn’t stop. (And still can’t.)
- The 100: This is on Netflix and I highly recommend it! It’s really similar to the show Lost, if any of you are fans of that show. Only it’s geared more towards teens. Honestly, so good. I flew through the first season, and the second season is currently airing on the CW now.
- Hindsight: Currently airing on VH1. This is set in the 90’s and I don’t need to say anymore.
- Really really random, but that’s okay.
- Bear Naked Chocolate Elation granola with Silk Vanilla Soy milk: Perfect for a sweet tooth. I went through way too much of this in a month. My favorite snack, hands down.
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed my monthly favorites!