Hey y’all! Let’s see if 2016 will finally be the year that I manage to write a monthly favorites post for each month. I wouldn’t hold your breath though, lol. Anyways yes this month has gone by pretty fast. Adjusting to this semester was harder than the last. To be honest, I’m still not completely adjusted. I probably won’t ever be though because I rarely have my ish together. But here’s the list of items that I’ve been enjoying this long cold month.
- ColourPop Lippie Stick in Aquarius– Kathleen Lights released another collection with ColourPop and I managed to get my hands on a few items. I had never tried ColourPop until now and I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed. For only $5 this lipstick lasts longer than most of my higher end products. This is a creme finish and even with drinking coffee during class I don’t have to reapply. It’s also super hydrating, 10/10 would recommend.
- ColourPop Lippie Stick in Taurus– I’d be lying if I said the names of these products didn’t influence me when debating whether or not to buy them. Y’all know I’m a sucker for astrology. Again this has the same benefits of the Aquarius shade, but this is a warm brown shade. It’s also matte, but just as hydrating. I do find that I’m a bit more paranoid when wearing this shade verses Aquarius, the nude shade. With darker lips you really have to be cautious. Although this does last just as long and looks just as good.
- ColourPop Lippie Pencil in Taurus– I opted to get the matching lip pencil for this shade because I don’t have anything like it. I also love wearing this with Aquarius to create a 90’s vibe.
- Morphe 350-35 palette– I’m not sure if this can really count as a full monthly favorite because I did get it about a week ago. But man, I have been using it every day. I’m obsessed and I finally understand the buzz about this palette. The quality of the shadow is great for the price and the colors are super unique.
- H&M Ankle boots– I had my eyes on these, or something similar, for awhile. They go with nearly everything and make me feel like I really have my life together. They’re really good quality and have just the right size of heel.
- Pura Vida bracelets– Yes y’all I still love these and wear them everyday. This month though, I became a Pura Vida rep so if you use my code heidibrooks00 you’ll get 20% off your order!
- c h i l l spotify playlist- My own perfect mix that I mostly listen to when I’m doing homework or studying.
- drive spotify playlist- In my November favorites I mentioned this and I’ve been keeping it updated. My favorite playlist honestly, it’s a pretty good mix and has music for everyone.
- Transviolet– This released sometime in 2015 but I just discovered it this month. I’m obsessed and I want more. I especially love the song “Girls your age”. Listen to it right now.
- Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett- I haven’t been reading nearly as fast as I used to, but that’s okay, things change. I still love reading, I just have so much school work that I can’t read as much during the day. It usually takes me about a week maybe a little longer to finish one book. That being said, I read this book in three days and gave it five stars. I fell in love with the main character instantly and the story line keeps you on your toes. It’s unlike anything I’ve read before. That says a lot too because those of us that read know that YA plot lines tend to get predictable after awhile. It was hard for me to put this book down. I think I read the first half in one sitting. I can’t wait for the second book to come out.
- Making a Murderer- Watch it. The hype surrounding this show is there for a reason. This is a Netflix docu-series that occurs over ten years, which is unique because it’s very rare to be with a family for that long. The fact that viewers got to see everything over a ten year period made it unique and I honestly don’t think anything can top this. Just stop whatever your doing and binge watch this.