Hey y’all! I hope everyone had a lucky March and survived Ohio’s erratic weather. I barely survived the cold, and I basically stopped dressing for the winter. As if my fashion choices alone could spring on the warm weather, (ha get it, spring?) I’m looking forward to slightly more bearable temperatures, though I am certainly not ready for Ohio’s humid and disgustingly hot summer. Anyways, I’m excited to share my monthly favorites with y’all.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Taupe- I am a long time lover of Anastasia’s brow products. They are the best in my opinion. Honestly, nothing compares to her products. I used to use the infamous Brow Wiz, but as soon as I heard every beauty guru raving about her latest brow product, I knew I had to try it. I loved the Brow Wiz, but I love the Brow Definer a zillion times more. The unique shape of the pencil allows me to apply it faster and more natural. I doubt I’ll be using anything else on my brows for a while.
- CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion 3-This is their toner meant for combo and oily skin. My mom had to talk to me into trying this out because she swears that this cleared her skin right up. I had never used a toner before but I’ll admit, I’m hooked. My mom was right, my skin has never looked better. CLINIQUE advertises this as a part of their 3-step skin series but I only use their toner. I wash my face twice with Cetaphil’s cleanser, then use a makeup wipe to remove majority of my eye makeup, and then follow up with this toner on a round cotton pad, and lastly I use my new favorite moisturizer. I have seen a difference in my skin but I’m not sure if it’s due to this toner, my new moisturizer, or both working together. Whatever it is, I’m happy with it.
- Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream– I’ll be honest with y’all, I am a broke college student who can’t afford super high end moisturizers. So I’m always on the hunt for a really great drugstore dupe. After doing some research for my friend Julia, who suffers from dry skin, I found that this Garnier moisturizer is compareable, if not better, to CLINIQUE’s Moisture Surge. Which costs $39.99 compared to Garnier’s very affordable $5.99 price tag. I’ve tried a sample of the CLINIQUE product and I can say that they are very similar, however I do actually prefer the Garnier one better. I found that the CLINIQUE’s formula was too thick and clogged my pores. I feel super refreshed after using Garnier’s, which I use twice daily. Julia has also notices a difference in her dry skin and said this works very well for her. I really recommend this!
- The 1975’s new album: I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it. Wow what a mouthful. This has been on repeat, I’m obsessed. I love them.
- Earth Girl Trilogy by Janet Edwards- I’m always up for a good futurist space series, but I usually find that my favorite Starbound trilogy is pretty hard to top. While this trilogy doesn’t top it, it does come pretty dang close. I loved this take on interstellar travel and the main character is easy to identify with. There isn’t a love triangle, just one love interest that goes surprisingly well. If you’re in the market for a good space series please check this one out. I loved loved it.
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray- Wow. Along with my love for space, I have a love for parallel universes. It took me awhile to jump on the bandwagon for this book but man am I glad that I finally picked this up from the library. I have the second book on hold and I can’t wait to start it. This book ended on such a cliff hanger and just wow I need to read it like now. I can’t even say more about this, other than it’s amazing. The author does a wonderful job of weaving different worlds together and creating so much depth into all their characters. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT Y’ALL.
- The Returned– I haven’t finished the first season yet but I’m obsessed with this. It’s easy to watch while doing homework (probably not a good thing), but I love being able to multi-task. I plan to finish this but I have a really bad habit of starting a series and not finishing it, *cough* Friday Night Lights, Fuller House, Vampire Diaries*.
- Super random and I don’t even know how to introduce this. But my dear friend Jen, who is an art major and also an amazing photographer, took some sick pictures of me this month. She is such a positive person who genuinely brightens up my life. We were hanging out one Saturday doing homework but it turned into brain storming for photo shoot ideas. We wanted to do something creative that involved lots of glitter. We combed through pinterest to gain some inspiration and we settled on covering myself in loads of highlighter and glitter. I doused myself in BECCA Cosmetics X Jaclyn Hill’s Champagne Pop with like seven other highlights, my GLOW y’all could be seen from space, I was obsessed. My favorite shoots with Jen are the ones where she has full creative range, she could do whatever she wanted to me to express her creativity. So this shoot in particular was so much fun. Julia came with us shoot in our school’s art building, she helped, along with another friend in the act of blowing glitter on me. Jen had her creative vision and made art honestly. Her talent blows my mind. I’ll share some of my favorite pictures, I definitely recommend y’all check out her Instagram: Jennifer Kasson.