Hey y’all! Que the typical “wow this month flew by.” No but really, my first month of “summer” did in fact fly by. But hey, I found two jobs. So that’s exciting. I don’t want to jinx anything just yet, so when I get a feel for both of my jobs, I’ll probably write more about them. Anyways, here are the products that have gotten me through this month.
- bareminerals Mineral Veil in the shade illuminating. Their original mineral veil is my, hands-down, favorite finishing powder ever. Though, since y’all know I’m all about the glow, the illuminating shade is even better. I find that it gives me the perfect glowing finish to my already glowing base. I’m obsessed.
Wow, I haven’t done any fashion favorites in a long time. Anyways, since I got my new job, I have to dress business casual. Or as I like to call it, a real adult. I’ve been struggling with trying to express my personal style, look my age, and still look professional. It’s been a challenge, but I’ve dreamed of working in an office setting since the very first time I watched the movie, “The Devil Wears Prada.” Something about having to dress professional makes me feel accomplished. I used to work at the Hollister Home Offices, and my uniform there made me feel like I never left my high school days. So needless to say, I’m having a lot of fun trying out new business-casual styles.
- New York & Company has been my “go-to” for work clothes. They have great slacks and cute tops that make me feel good. Something I’ve been trying to experiment with lately has been color. Oh gosh, I know. Heidi not wearing all black is something to stare at. Honestly though, I want my clothing to express more of how I’m feeling on the inside. I’m happy. So I want to dress in colors that reflect such.
- Orange tops. I bought two orange tops for work that look so amazing with my blue hair. You know, complimentary colors and such. Here’s my favorite one.
- My spotify summer playlist has been my recent jams this month. Give it a listen!
- Design Love Fest.com has been my recent favorite for desktop/phone wallpapers. They feature cute designs and they really brighten up my mood!
- More positive quotes!
“life feels so much lighter when you stop comparing yourself to others” –Source
“there are people you haven’t met yet who will love you” –Source
“I grasped two things: I wasn’t as happy as I could be, and my life wasn’t going to change unless I made it change.” -Gretchen Rubin, The Happiness Project
“You don’t always have to smile. Let yourself grieve, let yourself hurt. Understand it. Come to peace with it and in time you will smile brighter than you ever have before.” –Lighthearted Suggestion
Thanks for reading y’all! I truly hope you had a good month!