Hey y’all! I know it’s been officially “summer” for almost a month now, but I still wanted to share my summer beauty routine with y’all. Only a few things have changed from my Spring Makeup post, but the changes are specifically for the change in temperature. Click the image above to find out where all of the products are from!
- LUSH’s Imperialis moisturizer mixed with my favorite liquid highlighter. I’ve been foundation free for about a year now, except for a few days here and there. I switched to this LUSH product because I felt like my previous moisturizer was giving me too much moisture and clogging my pores. I really love this product, it’s great controlling oil but it doesn’t make me completely matte. I mix this concoction on the back of my hand and blend out with a brush. I’ll also conceal any blemishes if needed.
- Eye primer. I’m still drooling over the smashbox 24-hour eye primer, that I mentioned in my spring makeup. I can’t imagine using a different one.
- Eyeshadow. I’m still using the Morphe 35o palette along with the Two Faced chocolate bar palette. Except, instead of having the huge bulky picture of all 35 shadows, I only put in the shadows that I have been using. I use mostly the warmer shades in my crease and then I’ll throw on the highlight shade from the TF Chocolate Bar palette, in my inner corner, and under my brow. If I’m feeling a little bit more of a dramatic look, I’ll use the maroons from the 35o, along with the metallic pink shade. I’ll either put the pink shade in my inner corner or on the center of my lid, for a halo eyed effect.
- Covergirl’s Super Size Me, mascara has still been my go to. I love the wand and the length it gives me. It still runs on my outer corners (damn you watery eyes), but it doesn’t transfer onto my eyes during the day. It separates, lengthens, and adds volume, so I don’t see myself giving this up anytime soon.
- Cream Highlighter. I’ve been using LUSH’s Feeling Younger highlighter before I set my face because cream products always come before powder. This adds such a subtle hint of natural glow and ugh, I love it. I blend this out on the tops of my cheek bones with my fingers and then add a little on my cupids bow.
- Setting powder with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil in the Illuminating shade. I mentioned this in my May Favorites post. I always wait to set my face until after I do my eyes, I feel like it gives my skin proper time for the moisturizer to set in. I also feel like it’s completely necessary for my bronzer and blush to blend out.
- Bronzer, Highlighter, and Blush. I’m still using the Urban Decay Flushed palette that I mentioned in my Spring Makeup. Only the bronzer, though, because I’m not the biggest fan of the blush/highlighter. Then I go in with Milani’s berry amore blush with a light hand and keep it towards the back of my cheek bones, instead of directly onto the apples of my cheeks. I’ve really been loving the way this has been looking. Then I go in with a large eye shadow crease brush and use that to apply the NYX loose pigment shadow in pearl. I’ve been doing this for about a year now, it adds the perfect glow. As if those two highlighters weren’t enough, I also use the highlight shade from the TF chocolate bar palette on top of all the other highlighters. Honestly, using all of these highlighters probably isn’t necessary, but I can’t stop.
- Brows. I first go in with Benefit’s Gimmie brow in the dark brown shade to add some dimension and volume to my brows. I’ll define with the Anastasia Brow definer in taupe. I love the way this makes my brows look and they really do last all day.
That’s it y’all! I hope you enjoyed and stay cool this summer!